Terms & Conditions
“Hoof care with the emphasis
on treating the whole horse"
- We do not work outside when it is raining. However, if you have a suitable covered area
(which will accommodate the back end of our trailer) we will work inside whilst it is raining.
- We do not work on Sunday.
- We prefer not to refit the work of a previous farrier.
- We ask your horse be well mannered/ disciplined.
- We require a suitable, well lighted working area ( no mud, sand, tall grass, uneven
ground, etc.) concrete or mats are preferred.
- We ask your horse be tied (or held) and that the horse and feet are clean and free of mud,
excessive dirt, oils, etc. at the time of appointment.
- We prefer to observe the horse in motion prior to starting work (to evaluate way of going,
needed corrections, lameness, etc.)
- If your horse is too energetic, lunging before we arrive is recommended.
- We will stop work if situation becomes unsafe for us or the horse. Veterinary services to
administer chemical restraint must be arranged in advance.
- If we are working at feeding time, please feed your horse before we begin. (Hungry horses
do not stand well.) We don't mind if they smell us, but we draw the line at them trying to eat
- If we are working with a mare and foal please have the foal restrained.
- If your horse is not behaving, we ask that you discipline your horse.
- Customer must maintain a regular shoeing schedule. Waiting until your horse loses a
shoe usually results in damaged feet, which reduces the quality of our work and may
result in an over due charge. Well shod horses are happy horses.
- We accept cash, check, or credit card as payment. We also accept Paypal payment as
well. We charge a $35.00 fee on returned checks.
- Depending on our scheduled work load, expect approximately 7-10 days from the time
your appointment is made to the scheduled work date. (Does not apply to appointments
made at time of last shoeing.)
- If your horse has lost a shoe, or the shoe is loose, please call right away. We try to work a
lost shoe into the schedule so that it can be replaced as quickly as possible.
- Our business hours are 8:00am- 4:00pm Monday through Friday. At 877-742-1536.
Please respect these times when making appointments, questions, etc.
- We do provide 24 hour service to our clients however in the event you need our services
outside of normal business hours Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, there will
be a $75.00 farm call fee in addition to our regular charges. Days off could change without